You are using an older, unsupported browser. Please visit this link to contact us.
Our offices will be closed beginning on Saturday, 12/24/2022 until Tuesday, 12/27/2022, in observance of the holiday.
Join us in giving back to students and teachers in need this new school year through our 2022 School Supply Drive. #EagleRockCares
Happy Holidays! Our offices will be closed beginning on Saturday, 12/24/2022 until Tuesday, 12/27/2022, in observance of the holiday.
Before you apply to rent an apartment home in our community, please take the time to review this screening policy. All persons 18 years of age or older will be required to complete a rental application and submit all required documentation.
Please note that while these are our current rental criteria, nothing contained in these requirements shall constitute a guarantee or representation by us that all residents and occupants currently residing in the community have met these requirements. There may be residents and occupants that have resided in the community prior to these requirements going into effect; additionally, our ability to verify whether these requirements have been met is limited to the information we receive from the various resident credit reporting services used. It is the policy of this community to comply with all applicable fair housing laws including those which prohibit discrimination against any person based on race, color, creed, sex or gender, familial status (having or expecting a child under 18), national origin, disability (physical or mental), age (18 and older), sexual orientation, marital status or source of income. The following may be completed on all applicants: credit check, rental history verification, income verification and criminal history verification.
1. Occupancy Guidelines - Are based on local town/city and/or fire code ordinances.
2. Age - Applicants must be 18 years of age or older unless deemed to be an adult under applicable law with respect to the execution of contracts.
3. Credit - A credit report will be completed on all applicants to verify credit ratings. Verifiable income along with verified credit history will be entered to determine rental eligibility and security deposit levels. The following will result in a denial of the application: open bankruptcy, collection accounts (excluding medical and student loans) greater than $500, rental collection debt accounts and eviction filing and/or judgments. If the applicant has a mortgage that shows up on their credit report it will be included when calculating income as an expense. Meaning the applicant will need to make 3 times the monthly rent + the mortgage payment. If the applicant is not responsible for the payment, then provide a notarized letter from the person responsible for the payment stating as such.
Additional security deposit levels will be required for all credit recommendations below a full accept level, not including a denial recommendation. Applicants requiring an additional deposit may include those with little or no credit history.
4. Income - Gross income will be combined and entered the credit scoring model for income eligibility. All applicants will be required to provide consecutive pay stubs for up to 4 weeks from the date of application. If handwritten pay stubs are supplied, the documents must be notarized. Applicants must have a combined income of at least 3 times the monthly rent and 4 time the monthly rent for Guarantor applicants. Additional sources of verifiable income may be considered including but not limited to child support, pensions, GI benefits, disability, trust funds, social security & all other lawful sources of income; federal, state, local, non-profit and subsidized programs.
5. Employment - If applicant has not yet started their employment, the applicant may provide "a letter of intent" or "offer letter" from the intended employer.
6. Self-employment, Retired or Unemployed - Such applicants must provide the previous year's income tax return as well as the last 3 months of bank statements from the date of application and/or checking’s/savings accounts, money market or investment accounts or liquid assets from within 30 days of the date of application equaling 3 times the monthly rent.
7. Criminal History - A criminal background check will be performed for each applicant and occupant aged 18 years or older. Your application may be denied based on activity that would threaten the health, safety, or right to enjoy the community by other residents. Your application may also be denied if such criminal activities threaten the safety of property owners, employees, vendors or any other community affiliated parties. Finally, denial may be a result subject to a lifetime registration requirement program under the communities State sex offender registration database. Before we deny your application based on a criminal record, we will be notifying you of the proposed action along with a copy of the criminal record. You have an opportunity to dispute the relevance and accuracy of that record. You have five (5) calendar days from date of receipt of notice to dispute the accuracy of the record in writing. If we do not receive the dispute within the allotted time, you will be denied.
8. Rental History - Rental history verification, if applicable, will not only include current and/or previous financial responsibility but will also include verification of complying with landlord rules, community policies, etc.
9. Guarantors - The guarantor will be required to complete an application and pay the full application fee. Guarantors must have a gross monthly income of 4 times the monthly rent and meet all other qualifying criteria identified in this screening policy. Guarantors will be required to sign the Lease and will remain financially liable during the entire residency of the applicant(s). Should tenant move out prior to the lease expiration, the Guarantor will remain financially liable until all terms have been fulfilled.
10. Pets - Acceptance of pets and policies will differ from community to community. If the community the applicant is applying to allows pets, the applicant must comply with all community pet policies and the pet must be PRE-APPROVED by Management prior to bringing the pet into the community. All applicable nonrefundable pet fees, pet deposits and pet rent must be paid in advance. Visiting pets are not permitted at any time.
11. Falsification of Application - Any falsification in Applicant's paperwork will result in the automatic denial of Application. If an Applicant falsifies their paperwork, Owner has the right to hold all deposits and fees paid to apply towards liquidated damages.
Application will not be considered until the application has been fully executed and returned with all required documentation, and all applicable application deposits and fees have been paid.
By clicking on Start Application, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the screening policy for Eagle Rock Apartments at Enfield.